Do you have leadership skills and would like to play a significant role in supporting missionaries? One way of doing this is through an international school school for missionary kids. One such school is Bourofaye Christian School (BCS) in Senegal, a school which is integral to Christian ministry across West Africa. BCS serves the families of missionaries by providing excellent education in a Christ-centred community. From June 2021, a new Director will be needed for at least a year. The main purpose of the BCS Director's job is to provide servant leadership and oversight for the BCS team of 30+ international staff members and its ministry according to the ‘BCS Vision document’, to ensure BCS ministry integration into the WEC Senegal Branch and to ensure the management of 20 Senegalese workers on site.
- Wholehearted devotion to God and agreement with WEC International statement of belief.
- Experience in cross-cultural ministry.
- Experience in leadership and development of a team.
- Willingness to serve in various areas of BCS lifePassion for missionary children.
- Appropriate training/willingness to train for MK ministry.
- Commitment of staying for (at least) 3 years.
- Excellent level of English (C2 – Proficient user; according to Common reference levels: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_European_Framework).
- Level of French (B2 – Upper intermediate; see website above).
- Willingness to fully embrace communal living.
- Good communication and other inter-personal skills; emotional stability.
- Administrative and basic computing skills.
- Passion for and basic knowledge about (cross-cultural) member care.
Duration: 1-2 Years